Our company was established on September 14th, 2000, by the reorganization of the former production units of Magyaróvári Timföld és Műkorund Részvénytársaság/MOTIM Co. The history of the Group goes back to July 18, 1934, when the first Hungarian alumina plant started its operation in Mosonmagyaróvár. The alumina plant got into state ownership in 1948.
During this time the increase of capacity and the introduction of new technologies and the manufacture of new products continued, such as White Aluminum Oxide. We started the construction of the White Fused Alumina products in 1951, afterwards - based on our own patent - the White Fused Mullit production was started in 1983, and following that in 1986, the Fused Magnesium - Aluminum Spinell. After the change of the political and economic system in Hungary the Magyaróvári Timföld- és Műkorundgyár was transformed into a Ltd., then in 1995 the privatization took place, during which the company became a common property of the Ltd. formed by the top management and a financial investment company.
MOTIM Electrocorundum Ltd. manufactures electrofused mineral products. The total production capacity is approximately 50.000 tons. The White Fused Alumina gives more than the 50% of the product structure. One of the main fields of application is the abrasive industry, which uses grits classified according to the FEPA international standards for the production of abrasive paper and cutting and grinding wheels as well as other abrasive tools. This product is also used on the field of sand blasting where it is used as the blasting media.