The prestige of Eleuteri dates back to 1897, when the elegant café was opened in Via del Gambero in Rome, just off the Spanish Steps. It soon became one of the most renowned gastronomic settings of the country thanks to its original selections of pastry.
Pietro Eleuteri's passion was that of collecting arts, which inspired his son Carlo to move within the spectrum of extravaganza, from patisserie to antiquities, then specializing in vintage jewels. Today, Eleuteri is undisputedly regarded as Italy's primary vintage and antique jewelry destination, boasting clientele from the Italian aristocracy to the international jet set.
Collections of unusual vintage jewels by esteemed houses like Bulgari, Cartier and Van Cleef & Arpels sparkle inside the cabinets alongside 18th century Southern Italian coral items, rare silverware and baubles shining with the million hues of diamonds, rubies, emeralds and more, in a setting charged with prominent antique and modern works of art by artists such as Reynolds, Boldini, Balla, Fontana, Wildt, Burri, Boetti, Christo and Allen Jones, to mention just a few. Eleuteri has had the honor of lending its jewels and art works for exhibitions held at prestigious institutions like the The Royal Academy of Arts in London, The Gare d'Orsay in Paris, The Fortuny Museum in Venice, and The Bulgari Museum in Rome.